WHO WE ARE:
The Ohio Federation for Health Equity and Social Justice is the Dba name of the Health Disparities Collaborative of Ohio Inc., a nonprofit organization incorporated in the State of Ohio and is principally made up of agencies, organizations and individuals concerned about minority and multicultural health, health equity, social justice and the elimination of health disparities for racial/ethnic populations.
The Collaborative serves as a mechanism to develop and implement unified and innovative approaches to influence and shape policies and resources regarding minority health.
Ohio Federation for Health Equity and Social Justice is working to:
- Develop an infrastructure to coordinate efforts and develop a plan to address health disparities statewide.
- Build a comprehensive policy agenda to include an examination of current policy and practices addressing health disparities at the local and state levels.
- Build community capacity, competence and expertise to implement strategies.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for resources and services pertaining to elimination of health disparities and health equity.
- Membership, Resource Development, Policy and Planning and Communication Chairs
- President & CEO
VISION AND MISSION:
- Vision Statement. Creation of health equity and the elimination of health disparities for minority Ohioans.
- Mission Statement: The Federation’s mission is to create a geographically and racially diverse coalition to address system change through civic engagement, policy and infrastructure development, and funding/resource development.